Search my blog.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bitter almonds

So, here it comes, another Ceci’s books post.
I know I didn’t do it last week, but here I am.
So, this week’s book is….
Love in the time of cholera.
This book was published in 1985 (translated by Alfred A Knop) an as Marquez states his book .
I can totally understand why the author refers to this book as “his book”, I think it shows Marquez’s true personality.
This wonderful book written by Garcia Marquez (can you say I adore him?), takes place in Cartagena de Indias, a Colombian town.
Following the story of three really intresting people:
Juvenal Urbino, marryed with Fermina Daza, an Florentino Arrisa a really intresting character an a triangle’s third side.
It starts with one of doctor Urvino’s patient’s death in that unfortunate day, when more than one family will cry, an a parot will fly.
It begins like this:
“It was inevitable: the scent of bitter almonds always reminded him of the fate of unrequited love.”
An I’m gonna post the beginning in Spanish cause this book was originally written in Spanish.
Era inevitable: el olor de las almendras amargas le recordaba siempre el destino
de los amores contrariados


There you have it, a beautiful start to a marvelous book.
As I said before, Marquez has a wonderful way of beginning stories.
Why, why, bitter almonds??
Oh yes, an you can download the book
Here
Hope you liked this Ceci’s books post, an I hope you read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be sent to my e mail, if they don't containe personal imformation about me I'll of corse publish them.

Followers